A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.” Proverbs 12:4
This goes out to all the single men out there. Choose the woman you marry very wisely! This is the woman that will have your children. The woman that should know the most about you. The woman that will see you at your worst and at your best. The woman that you will share your most intimate moments with.
As men we should pray heavily for the woman that we will marry or have married. Personally, I got married a little later than the norm. I was 36, and although I would have liked to get married sooner, I waited for the right woman that God had for me. God’s timing is the right timing. We should be praying that we are the man she needs. Women are a very different creature from men, which is how God made it. Sometimes it’s hard to understand them, because emotionally we are wired differently. We should pray that we can understand her needs.
What should you pray for?
- Pray for wisdom to lead your family
- Pray that you can protect her (physically and emotionally)
- Pray that we understand her needs
- Pray that you can provide for her
- Pray that you will be able to understand her needs
- Pray that God loves her through you
- Pray that God is always the center of your marriage and that she loves God more than you. This is the most important
Our spouse is the most important human relationship we will have. The amount of prayer and thought that goes into that individual should be plenty. Don’t choose them on a whim! Men don’t choose your wife based on only attraction. Attraction is normal and should be taken into consideration, but we need to be attracted to them mentally and spiritually as well.